Author Topic: Greetings from Ukraine.  (Read 1654 times)

svetlen

Greetings from Ukraine.
« on: September 13, 2013, 07:38:21 PM »
Hello, my name is Svetlana I am from Ukraine. In our country is not developed homemade cheese-making, we have almost no information about how to make cheese at home. This site is my most great asset and a lot of useful information. It is a pity of course that don't know English. When translating a little lost sense is not always understand the subtleties of recipes or care of cheeses. Cheese cook since February, I gave her milk twice a month, on 20 litres and had to use it. Oil stocked, cottage cheese tired and then came the idea тведый cheese cook and how dreary in this process. Even started to buy milk and do every weekend, and all can't stop. The results are not good, had everything and горчил, and sour, and swelling, too, was, and the last cheese is very fragile. But I hope for the best, bought a wine refrigerator, pH meter truth cheap, bought a vacuum packer and cream coating.
My cheese small cave, places no more, stacked on each other and on a side.
My press the spring.
Dutch cheese probably propionic bacteria got.
The last two photo brie cooked on 4 September.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 07:47:14 PM by svetlen »

Geodyne

Re: Greetings from Ukraine.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 08:31:59 PM »
Welcome Svetlana! That's an impressive lot of cheese in your cave.  :D

Offline smolt1

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 29
  • Default personal text
    • SturdyPress.com
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »
Don't worry about translation, the cheese pictures say it all. Welcome to the forum!

svetlen

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 08:01:17 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome!

The day before yesterday cooked cheese almost Romano or new cheese. Again with experiments, washed curd water количество15% , missed stirring after heating, plums pH of 6.2. Serum last прессованния pH 5.5, put in a pickle. In brine should be 12-13 hours happened 9часов. Then left for work, cheese in a closed container waited in the wine fridge, again in the evening in the brine for 2.5 hours. Now drying temperature of 22C.

Homecheesejack

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 09:35:39 AM »
Hi Svetlana,

I have to agree with previous comments, the English is fine and the pictures are amazing! Welcome on board.

Jack