rennet force

Started by svetlen, October 01, 2013, 03:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svetlen

Hi, bought rennet without a description :o. May be you will tell me how many drops to 1 liter of milk and at what temperature use.

sterkte  150 imcu\ml uit kalvermagen max 1.2% natriumbehzoaat E211 koel en donker bewaren

linuxboy

That's a fine description. at 150 IMCU/ml, I'm not sure on the drops per liter, but you can calculate the ml per weight of milk.  See https://cheeseforum.org/forum/index.php?topic=8167.0

svetlen

I am not familiar with international milk coagulating units, but try to understand. Temperature coagulation for different types of rennet remains 33-35C, Yes ?

linuxboy

IMCU is the coagulating strength. The temperature varies with the recipe. For some cheese (chevre for example) it is lower than 32C.

svetlen

Currently added culture in 86F, then at the same temperature add abomasum. Preparation of Gouda cheese .   

svetlen

Added to 9 litres of raw milk 18 drops. After 30 minutes, there is no thickening, added another 20 drops and after 10 minutes, flocculation, the total comes from beginning add 1 hour. I hope it does not much affect the final result. Tired of eating sour cheese.