Author Topic: H-K-J's #4 5 gallon Stilton (back to basic's)  (Read 11241 times)

Geodyne

Re: H-K-J's #4 5 gallon Stilton (back to basic's)
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2014, 09:34:07 PM »
Nice and easy. All you have to do is click the "thumbs up" link under his avatar, to the left of any of his posts.

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2014, 10:31:31 PM »
I agree with Geo, nice veining, it looks like you got more blue than I did :P that deserves a cheese all by it's self. 
now if you can let some of it age for a little while longer it may surprise you :o
As a side note, we have had 2 pieces in the fridge one got lost and the other got ate,
the wife found the lost one and the blue had started to grow again, the flavor has come out in this cheese, we just love it ^-^
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 10:58:44 PM by H-K-J »
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

John@PC

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2014, 12:35:50 AM »
What an interesting and (blue-ly) inspirational thread ::).   A cheese for each of the "Blues Brothers" (H-J-K and Scott) for giving me the impetus for making my 2nd Stilton.

Scott Wallen

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
got it...A cheese for you H-J-K, I think the veining came from the way the curd set in the mold rather than the piercing. I have decided to continue aging the half that is leftover from all the munching to see how it matures. I will also try another make soon, I'll keep you posted....thanks again

BTW I like the "blues brothers" comment! John@PC, clever

T-Bird

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2014, 04:27:13 PM »
Both u guys did a great job. I just started another cheese. The one I made for Christmas tasted like ammonia. Don't think I let it breathe enough. Anyway, a large and tasty cheese to both of you!