Author Topic: New Cave  (Read 1497 times)

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
New Cave
« on: June 15, 2014, 08:13:11 PM »
I am so excited about my new 5.8 cubic feet cave! It is a freezer from Sears, with the Perfect Cheese controller keeping it very close to 55 degrees. Most of the cheese in it now is for my daughter's wedding next month. After that I will get to work on filling it! I don't have anything in place yet for humidity, so I will need to get some ripening boxes...  Always more for this hobby!
Susan

JeffHamm

Re: New Cave
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 08:33:20 PM »
Very nice set up!  And if you can add more shelves, that's room for more cheese!  They don't need much headroom, you know. ;)

- Jeff

Spoons

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
I always get a little envious when I see a new cheese cave thread. This is no exception. lol. Nice cave! Lots of room for your future four-pounders.

Geodyne

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:29:31 PM »
Yay, congrats! Plenty of room for more cheese in there.

The wedding cheese project seems to be coming along nicely too.  :D

jwalker

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 02:41:16 PM »
Very nice , that is just a nice size , is that the same freezer that you posted a link to in an earlier thread ?

I may have to go that way as well , I have been using a cold room in my shop , but somehow mice have been finding their way in , had to throw out two cheeses , and un-wax and re-wax a few others last week because of them. :'(

At least those are pest proof.

What are those on the top shelf ?

A cheese to you !
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 02:47:02 PM by jwalker »

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 03:05:16 PM »
Yes it is the same freezer referenced previously. So far no condensation problems even though the coils are in each shelf. Reading the description of the "cave" on Sears website, it indicated shelves that were moveable, but they are not. It was a great price and seems to like it will work well. I will save the old cave for blues!
Those are bottles of very fancy beer that my son in law wants aged, but not at his house because then he will drink them! They are safe at my home, because I really don't like beer.
Very sad for you to throw away cheese. The mice will be sad if you get a sealed cave!
Susan
Susan