Author Topic: Provolone Cheese Making Recipe?  (Read 2982 times)

squeaksc

Provolone Cheese Making Recipe?
« on: March 10, 2009, 02:31:19 AM »
Help, I'm wracking my resources trying to find a good recipe for provolone cheese....any suggestions?

Cheese Head

Re: Provolone Cheese Making Recipe?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 04:10:37 PM »
squeaksc

Just built a Provolone Cheese Making Recipe, many tricks and traps and variations, I'd advise reading many of the threads in this section to learn many of the tricks and traps that people have had.

Also, would be very interested in your method and results and tricks and traps you learnt if you want to post in this forum so that I and others could learn.

Tea

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 08:31:09 PM »
I maybe way off here, but from what I can understand, provolone is just moz with the addition of lipase and then aged.  The "cooking" process for both is the same.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 12:30:16 PM »
Tea, I don't really know as I haven't compared, but when I wrote that up it did look awfully familiar, and to the Video of the people in the Italian Caciocavallo Fair!

Aging is a big difference and to be fair there probably are subtleties, problem is there are several Mozzarella Recipes too.

Tea

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »
Well I guess I am talking about the long version.  So far the moz, prov and boc seem very similar with only minor differences in their making.  Haven't seen a recipe for and Cac yet so I don't know what the difference is there yet.