Author Topic: Hi from Michigan  (Read 1294 times)

AJ Peacock

Hi from Michigan
« on: October 21, 2013, 02:06:46 PM »
Hi all,

Haven't made any cheese yet (tons of yogurt though), but have fond memories from my childhood, my family made/sold cheese (and wine/shine) during the depression.  Unfortunately, much of that knowledge has been lost to the ages.   My grandmother lived across the road from a goat dairy/cheese farm, so I always had fresh cheeses when I visited there as a child, oh the memories!

Anyway, I've been reading about cheese making for the last couple months.  I've found a supply of raw milk and have a small refrigerator that I'm setting up for my 'cheese cave'  ;) in the basement.

Just wanted to say hi and thank everyone in advance for the great forum.

AJ

Pete S

Re: Hi from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
  Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of information here. & a lot of ideas. good luck with your venture into the world of cheese making.                                     Pete

Digitalsmgital

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »
Yes i have only made two cheeses, but the information found at this site has been invaluable! Good luck!

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 08:46:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum AJ.

Homecheesejack

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 08:44:16 PM »
Hello AJ,

Welcome on board, I'm confident you'll love it here as everyone is so helpful and every question gets helpful answers.

I'm trying to spread the word about how rewarding making your own cheese can be, and have a produced a free eBook to help you get started. You can download it for free at HomemadeCheese.org, if you do, I hope you find it useful.

Have fun in your cheese making adventure,

Jack.