Well, I did this yesterday. I more or less followed the recipe in 200 Easy Cheeses, tweaked to deal with the added flavourings.
16l Coop low-temperature pasteurised milk （低温殺菌)
mesophilic culture - the recipe calls for 1/2 tsp mesophilic and 1/8tsp 'aroma mesophilic', which I didn't have. What I did have was the last 1/3 of a pkt of Choosit mesophilic MA400, and so I used that. It didn't look anywhere near 5/8tsp, but it says on the packet that it's enough for 50l, so I reckoned 1/3pkt should do 16l OK.
3/4tsp calcium chloride
3/4tsp liquid veggie rennet
50g dried cranberries
30g dried orange peel
1tbs orange salt
Warm the milk to 30℃, sprinkle in culture and draw into the milk after 5 minutes. Leave for 90 minutes.
Add calcium chloride, then rennet, leave for 30 minutes till a clean break is reached.
Cut curds to 1 cm (the recipe says 0.9cm, but I'm not to a millimetre...), rest for 10 minutes.
Warm curds, taking 35 minutes to reach 35℃, stirring gently and continuously. Let curds settle.
Drain off whey, leaving curds in the pot to mat and form a spongy mass.
Cut mass into 4 blocks and cheddar for 40 minutes, turning the blocks every 10 minutes and keeping the pot warm
Slice into pieces 1cmx5cm.
Here is where I separated the curds into three.
1. Plain Wensleydale: Mix in 1 tbs salt, pack into prepared mould.
2. Cranberry: From reading the small print on the packet I found that the dried cranberries were ready sliced (good, saves me a job) and lightly coated in oil to stop them sticking together (not good). So I poured hot water over them to rinse off the oil and drained them on adsorbent kitchen paper before mixing them with the curds and 1tsp salt and packing into the mould.
3. I had left the dried orange peel to soak in hot water overnight. The peel swelled until I had far more than I could use in the cheese and quite a lot of the flavour seemed to have gone into the soaking water, so I thought I would colour the water with a few drops of annatto and let the curds steep in that while I was dealing with the other two-thirds. As I was pouring the soaking water over the curds, my hand slipped and there was bright orange-coloured water all over the kitchen counter, very little actually on the curds. After I had finished kicking myself around the kitchen I appraised the situation, saw that the bit of water that had hit the curds did seem to be imparting a bit of colour, and decided to continue. I mixed in the tbs of orange salt and just a scattering of the peel. I thought that more than that would be too much.
So, everything into moulds for an initial very light press, then flipped and pressed at 21kg for a couple of hours, then flipped again and pressed at 25kg overnight. This morning the cheeses seemed reasonably well-knit but still a bit craggy around the edges, so I dipped them in hot water and they're now in the press again for another few hours.
After a couple of days air-drying, I'll wax these and put them in the cave. The plain Wensleydale will perhaps profit from a longer aging period, but the flavoured ones will be out for Christmas. I hope the fruit behaves itself and doesn't ferment on me.