Author Topic: computer fan-in wine cooler, nothing good  (Read 5131 times)

svetlen

computer fan-in wine cooler, nothing good
« on: November 03, 2013, 07:49:53 AM »
In my wine refrigerator temperature of the bottom shelf 5-10C, on the top shelf 11-15C, installed on 50F. Decided to put the computer fan-in wine cooler to more intensively and evenly mixed air flow and was one temperature on the shelves. Put the fan under the bottom shelf, and on the top shelf, and with his side on the top shelf. Everywhere when working вентиллятора refrigerator is not turned off by 4 hours, rest for 10-15 minutes. On the shelves of a more uniform temperature,  but incorrect operation of the refrigerator.

mjr522

Re: computer fan-in wine cooler, nothing good
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 04:29:52 PM »
I'm not exactly sure I understand what you are saying, but let me try to say it back to you to see if I do.  You have different temperatures on the top and bottom shelves of the fridge.  You put in 2 computer fans--1 on the top and 1 on the bottom, to mix the air to get a more even temperature.  Now the temperatures are even, but the fridge runs for 4 ours and only stops for 10-15 minutes before starting up again?  Is that right?

If you are doing this with the fridge empty, putting some things in the fridge will help (water bottles is the normal thing to do).  The fans do a few things that affect how the fridge functions.: First, they increase the heat transfer from the outside of the fridge to the inside (moving air feels colder or hotter to our bodies than it actually is because of how quickly it removes or adds heat to us).  Second, they increase the response time of the sensor (the sensor "knows" what temperature is in the fridge faster).  Third, they actually add some heat to the fridge (probably not much, but some) because all the energy they use to move the air around eventually shows up as heat.  By adding some thermal mass (bottles of water or cheese), the fridge will run longer to get down to the right temperature, but then it should stay off for longer, too, because the thermal mass will help keep things cold longer.

What's the temperature in your home?  If it's too hot, that could cause problems too.  I had a friend who told me about "Russian heat" that was just on all the time and he had to open windows when it got too hot in the winter.  If that's the case in your home, it could be overworking the fridge.

svetlen

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 07:10:53 AM »
In the house temperature of +26 27 C, day window is open, refrigerator scored cheese, top shelf 13-16 With installation 50F. Fan one-on-12v adjustable from 3-12v, put on different shelves. First experiment: on the bottom in the middle of the air-up, thermometer inside showed a drop in temperature and the temperature controller from the refrigerator 59-55F, long works. Second: on the top shelf of air supply from the evaporator to the door, the temperature on the top shelf 4.5, on the bottom 9C on the temperature controller refrigerator 56F long works. Now standing on the top shelf to the left of the airflow away from the side wall. Temperature on the shelves, as before without a fan. The question of where to put the fan and where it should be directed air flow.

Two shelves wooden lattice, one glass.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 07:17:02 AM by svetlen »

Geodyne

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 07:44:35 AM »
Hi Svetlana,

It may be that you have too much cheese in your cave (for the refrigerator, rather than for you!). There isn't a lot of free space for the air to move. Guidelines are that you should have about 60% of the volume of the cave cheese, with the rest for air circulation.

Have you tried to place the fan on the middle shelf yet?

svetlen

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 12:27:40 PM »

Hi! Yes I know that too much cheese takes refrigerator, therefore, and wanted to help a fan. I even had to take away and hide at work 6 cheeses, while the weather allows. On the middle shelf no place, there is the best cheese temperature.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 02:45:19 PM »
Impressive gathering of cheeses, Svetlen!

Perhaps it's time to acquire another refrigerator for the cheese...and bring those 6 exiles back home. ;)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

svetlen

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, 06:37:04 PM »

My dream ::) when I was still will learn to make a delicious cheese. Number is still not developed into quality, a lot of sour and acidic with bitterness :(.

Tomer1

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, 11:28:57 PM »
Hi Sveta, Looks like you need a second fridge!

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 02:05:30 PM »
a lot of sour and acidic with bitterness :(.
You're in good company...most of us have been there, Svetlen. There are several discussions on the forum about acidic and bitter cheese. If you were to post details about your cheesemaking efforts, I'm sure you would receive some additional recommendations.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

svetlen

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2013, 06:45:03 AM »

Hi, Yes I read a lot of useful, despite the fact that the translator distorts the meaning and it is not always clear what they mean. All summer as a fanatic cooked cheese on my new recipes, not always able to follow them. The poor records see my mistakes. Now I try to keep a journal, bought cheap pH meter, try to consider флоокуляцию and I hope the results improve. Second fridge if you will learn to make delicious cheeses who will want to buy .    

svetlen

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2013, 08:00:45 AM »
The fan is located in the upper left corner, the direction of air flow down a bit. In this position does not affect the thermostat, but helps or not is unclear. Cycles of work, normal. I read that it is better to check the temperature of the refrigerator thermometer in a glass of water. Installation on 50F switches on when 53F, on the top shelf of the temperature on the thermometer air measurement from 11 - 15C , water metering 8 - 11С (stands close to the back wall). So on the top shelf you can safely keep the cheese, even baby Gouda? But then fear not freeze whether cheeses on the lower shelves of whether you can trust the measurement with temperature of water in a glass? Corresponds to the temperature of the water in the glass, with the temperature inside the cheese?
The temperature of the water on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator from 7-10C , too cold?And if so, you may need to add degrees? Now eat cheese sour bitterly terribly fragile, but noticed that on the one hand a little better cut structure is not such a brittle, can he felt cold.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 03:00:49 PM by svetlen »