Author Topic: brie raw milk  (Read 2089 times)

svetlen

brie raw milk
« on: November 09, 2013, 09:17:40 AM »

The first time she had done brie from raw milk. Mold took from the previous brie , which was awesome ( the mould was from the shop brie). This time forgot strain milk with mold and poured in a total volume of milk. Day 10, cleaned up in the refrigerator, wrapped in paper temperature 5 C. Now he is 15 days, looking ugly and bad smell. This is from the use of raw milk, or from the fact that mold does not процедила? It then still edible?

Tomer1

Re: brie raw milk
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 01:34:47 PM »
My first even cheese was a raw milk camambert.  Used buttermilk and PC culture.   
Smelled fine out of the fridge.  Smelled rotten (not in a linens kind of way) as in rotten milk after a few days of ripening past the bloomy white rind.

So possibly, milk is bad\unclean in the first place...

Sosukhe

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »
Looks more like an oversized crottin than brie  ^-^   Still its lokin great. I would say - totally edible.

svetlen

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2013, 10:25:24 AM »

Well that is edible, don't like throwing food away. Never ate crottin is going to be tasted ;D. And about the purity of milk, from the same raw milk at Bry went 5 liters and 7 liters per baby Gouda. With Gouda all right.

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 06:37:05 PM »
The bacteria in raw milk cannot live past the 60 day point in cheese.  That is why most fresh cheeses such as brie are made with pasteurized and the raw milk used for longer aging cheeses.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos