Author Topic: Another "Hello" from Texas  (Read 1084 times)

desertcat

Another "Hello" from Texas
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:07:56 PM »
Just what I needed to find is another forum!  ;)

Stumbled into this one yesterday while trying to find out what was going on with my mozzarella...turned out fine, I was just impatient.

In addition to my novice cheese making, I garden (& can), have a few chickens and my husband & I raise & show rabbits.  Yep, needed something to do in my spare time!

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
Re: Another "Hello" from Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 06:13:23 PM »
Welcome!!!!  hey, have you ever milked a rabbit?  A friend of mine did when a baby rabbit had gotten too chil,Ed to nurse.  She said the mother rabbit cooperated as if she knew why it was being done and the baby was saved.  Now I'm wondering how much one cow,d charge for rabbit milk cheese!!!   :)

Digitalsmgital

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:57:36 PM »
Welcome desertcat, not to worry, this forum isn't too addictive, except the reading is fascinating and instructive, the knowledge is world-class, the recipes are to die for, and it is peopled by characters from all over the world who want you to succeed in your cheese journey.

I'll wager that you won't spend more than a few hours a day perusing these pages.

Hey Tiarella (may I call you Kathrin?) are you having keyboard trouble?  :D

desertcat

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:07:47 PM »
Never milked a rabbit, although I have heard that some poor grad student in Germany did a thesis on the composition of rabbit milk that involved milking lots of rabbits!  Some of mine would probably let me do it, but then I wouldn't have time to report on it    :(

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 12:12:57 AM »

Hey Tiarella (may I call you Kathrin?) are you having keyboard trouble?  :D

Hi Dave,  Sure, call me Kathrin if you want.  Yup, iPad keyboard trouble.  :o  Or rather, it's autocorrect trouble.  Once upon a time I must have mistyped "could" and somehow come up with "Cow,d" and now every time I try to write "could" it gets "corrected".  What a pain!
I will go manually correct that post.  I don't have any excuse for the unique spelling of "chilled" that my iPad invented. 

Speaking of intriguing stories.....I do have a story of the most unique cheese I've ever tasted.  I better put it up in the lounge.  Look for it there soon.   ::)