Author Topic: Hello From Florida  (Read 2207 times)

eVenom

Hello From Florida
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:36:28 AM »
Hello Everyone -

I have been lurking in this forum for about 3 months and I don’t want to go to work tomorrow so I decided to do my first post before going to bed.

I always have had a thing about making my own everything! Also my family has made their own yogurt and also some kind of sweet cheese wich when I have a little more time I will post the recipe.

Currently I make Yogurt, Cheese Curds, Neufchâtel, Cultured Butter, Queso Fresco and Mozzarella but want to graduate to hard cheeses

The only milk I have been using is reconstituted dry milk with cream since I didn’t have luck with store bought milk and the dry&cream mix gives me a good cheese in my opinion with the ability to play with fat vs. protein content

;D Thanks and hope to get a good experience from this forum!

eVenom

Captain Caprine

Re: Hello From Florida
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 05:35:55 AM »
Welcome eVenom,

If you really don't want to go to work tomorrow you should stay home and make cheese. ;)
CC

Wannie

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »
Welcome eVenom from the sunshine state,

You will find the help you need here.  You've been pokin around here for 3 months then you know that then.  It sounds lik ur on the right track though.  Just dive in and have fun with it.  You will make a lot of good friends and good eats at the same time.  Well, some of it probably wont be so good, lol, but thats the way it works I guess.

Ronnie from TN

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:58:51 AM »
Welcome eVenom, glad you like the forum! Any advice for fellow Yogurt - Curds - Neufchatel - Butter - Queso Fresco - Moz makers would be appreciated :).

Hope we are not the cause of you playing truant from work!

Don't know where you are in Florida but if you know any interesting places to go to in Orlando (restaurants, stores etc) versus standard chain places please post here as my family and I are going to Disneyworld there in 5 days for a week.

Tea

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »
Hi eVenom and welcome to the forum.

wharris

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 11:33:06 PM »
Welcome to the Forum!

eVenom

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 03:35:23 AM »
Thanks for all the replays and this forum is not the reason I didn't want to go to work but it was actually the making of cheese!!

I was doing a Feta that ended up Terribly!  oh well!!

The only advice I can think of right now is "don't try to push it and don't do any cheese before going to work"

One last... John I posted a restaurant that is in Orlando in your other tread hope you check it out!