Author Topic: My bloomy rind nurseries  (Read 1372 times)

cowboycheese

My bloomy rind nurseries
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:04:35 AM »
I found a few of these at the local big name discount shop. They come two or three in a stack with one lid. I cut some egg-crate light diffuser to fit for the rack and a few smaller chunks of egg-crate as standoffs below the rack to keep it off the bottom and allow for air all around.  With my cams, I try to keep enough moisture to keep a mist forming on the lid but not so much they form big drops. A wet sorta crumpled paper towel does the trick - off in the corner. I can get three cams per tray. When the GC/PC is developed, I pull the paper towel and just let it go in the fridge until ready to eat. Thanks to all the unnamed cf posters and their mini-cave designs!

The first pic shows the small mist/droplets on part of the lid. The second is a side view.

Spoons

Re: My bloomy rind nurseries
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 01:23:42 AM »
Nice find!

I recently bought some ripening containers too. It was a challenge to find something that could fit in my new wine cellar. I found some plastic shoe boxes at Home Depot at $0.89 each. They can fit 2 x 2LBS cheeses (4.5" to 5.5" diameter).

Disposable J-Cloth works well if you want to add moisture.