Author Topic: Cheese equipment website/business launched!  (Read 12045 times)

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Re: Cheese equipment website/business launched!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 03:48:28 PM »
Hey Karen!
- Paul

MrsKK

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2014, 11:24:35 PM »
Hey, Arnaud!  I've been away - Internet-wise - for a bit.  I'm glad to see you are still involved in cheese making ventures.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 01:37:26 PM »
Hey, Arnaud!  I've been away - Internet-wise - for a bit.  I'm glad to see you are still involved in cheese making ventures.

Nice to see you again on here, Karen - glad to know folks continue to engage in this wonderful community (feels like seeing old friends).  Very newly back, first tomme laid down and several batches of chevre, and otherwise re-accumulating the stuff that tests my wife's tolerance for my junk in our space. A) 

Look forward to reading through more of your contributions.  See you in the hood...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 01:46:09 PM by ArnaudForestier »
- Paul

MrsKK

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 04:13:57 PM »
As you can see, it has taken me awhile to get back, again.  I haven't been milking much this winter - only enough to keep some in the fridge - so no cheesemaking for me.  Maybe after the latest calf is weaned off, though.

And, yes, seeing the old friends here is wonderful.  Good to see new people join up, too.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2014, 02:44:06 PM »
Well, glad you're here, Karen.  Nice to see some familiar (if virtually so) faces!

Folks, I'd just like to give my unqualified endorsement to what it is John is doing here.  I have two of his humidity control systems and one temperature controller; a couple curd cutters of different dimensions and his nifty cheesecloth idea.  I find his work to be beautiful.  "Elegant" is a word I use, when I see something that is precise, simple, yet powerful in its practical application - and here, I think what he's done has fit to a tee. 

Add to that that John has been exceedingly generous in his thoughts in helping me to tweak my particular needs with his equipment, and the nicest guy to boot, well...couldn't be happier and wanted to let folks know.  And no, I'm not a paid celebrity endorser. ;D

Thank you, John.  Check him out, guys.

Paul
- Paul

DrChile

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 01:43:58 AM »
fantastic site John.

Really well done.

Can the temp control/sous vide/crock pot idea be used with any analog crock pot/slow cooker?

Trent

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 10:04:16 AM »
Congrats John, we all need more shops like yours.  :D

John@PC

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 11:40:17 PM »
Sorry for the (very) late reply Trent and Gurkan, and thanks to Arnaud and Karen for your nice remarks.  Trent:  Yes, the temperature controllers work well with analog crock pots and slow cookers.  Since I'm hooked on using the griddle / steam table pan method for making cheese I use the same set-up for sous vide.  The up-side is that you can use up to a full-size pan with 3-4 gal. water for sous vide and throw a whole 4 lb. rack of pork ribs into it.  We actually have a sister website for sous vide that's under construction.  I wish I had more time to spend with it because I think sous vide will experience a real burst of interest  but until we have some time to apply to it the first priority is the PC site.