Author Topic: Temp controllers, need advice  (Read 2301 times)

svetlen

Temp controllers, need advice
« on: January 29, 2014, 07:31:13 PM »

I dream in the future, buy a refrigerator for transformation into a cheese cave. Consider cheaper options that do not require large expenditures of delivery. In Ukraine no controllers to convert refrigerators, but have such incubators , heating etc. In electronics don't know nothing about, how do you think these controllers may be appropriate.
Description

Temperature regulator in the case of an adapter, digital. Step of measurement and adjustment of temperature of 1 °C. Maximum active loading 10A·250B.
Temperature regulator in the case of an adapter of RT-10/P1

Principle of work of a temperature regulator:

The temperature regulator makes measurement of temperature and constantly keeps temperature of a working environment by control of external heating units. The device has one channel of on-off regulation (is included, switched off).

Technical characteristics of a temperature regulator:

limits of adjustment of temperatures from: 0 °C to + 125 °C;
    maximum aktivniya relay loading: 10 A · 250 V;
    supply voltage: ~ 220 B;
    sensor of temperature digital: DS18B20;
    possible error of measurement: 0,5 °C;
    discretization (step of adjustment of temperature): 1 °C;
    number of categories of the digital indicator: 3;
    height of figures of the LED indicator: 10 mm;
    power consumption: no more than 1 W;
    ambient temperature: from + 5 °C to + 50 °C;
    temperature regulator size: 75х55х45 mm.

Temperature regulator scope:

The temperature regulator is intended for application in systems climate - control and in technological processes where temperature maintenance in the set limits (heat-insulated floors, heating coppers, heaters, warm veils, greenhouses, vegetable storehouses, and other processing equipment) is required.

graysalchemy

Re: Temp controllers, need advice
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 08:10:26 PM »
It looks to me like it only controls one circuit. What you want is one that controls a heating circuit ie a small heater and one which controls the fridge.

The cheapest option is an stc-100 which you will find on ebay direct from china. It will need wiring up though.

Another option that we use in the UK is an ATC 800+ again you will find on ebay or on amazon.

Hope that helps.  :)

Tallpoppy

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 11:30:41 PM »
the STC-1000 is good if you can do the DIY or get a electrician to wire if you don't know how.  be aware there are now 3 types.  250V 110V and also a 12V one.
i used this picture scroll down 1/2 way to see picture to wire it up.  https://www.coopers.com.au/coopers-forum/topic/9745/?page=4

home brewing setups use this alot but you can always google stc-1000 wiring diagram and get a good idea how people have used them. i didn't need to solder anything as all plugs and joins were all screw in.

here is my setup.  i haven't got a bigger fridge yet (looking and asking about for a cheap one) so i'm using my car fridge when i need to. with my control box.  total cost for me was A$30 for temp controller and about another A$40 in parts.

John@PC

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 12:30:18 AM »
I'm always reluctant to tout products on the forum  ::)(especially if they're not currently available) but I've seen so many comments about temperature control problems involving the need for a 2-stage (with separate heating and cooling relays) that we are getting ready to roll out a fully wired 2-stage controller.  Ours will be wired for US (110vac) but if there is a demand for 220vac we could do that in the near future.  Maybe Pavel could weigh in about the market in Russia and Ukraine.  Anyway here is a picture of the prototype controller that we'll be adding it to our website and to our Ebay store within a month.

svetlen

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 08:04:26 AM »
Thanks, now it is clear that not ideal. Posting we only 220 watts. Buying abroad is very expensive and the price of the controller equal to the price of a refrigerator :o. Hooray, it seems it has to come, price 15 $ + shipping 2.5$.
Characteristics

Universal temperature regulator of TR — 06
The temperature regulator is intended for temperature maintenance in the set
limits also it can be used both in a life and on production
where design features of a hair parting allow.
TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS

1 . Range of taken and adjustable temperatures … … … …. from — 55 to +125 C
2 . Resolution of measurement and regulation … … …. from — 55 to — 10 and from +100 to +125 C …
… … … … from — 9,9 to +99,9 …
3 . Accuracy of measurement of temperature … …. . DS18B20 the device of high precision having factory calibration.
4 . Hysteresis (temperature difference between inclusion and switching off) … … … … …. plus-minus from 0 to 50,0 C
5 . Possibility of restriction of the set range on the top limit … … … … … … … … … … … from — 55 to +125 C
6 . Possibility of restriction of the set range on the bottom limit … … … … … … … … … … … from — 55 to +125 C
7 . Choice of logic of work (heating or cooling) … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …. is
8 . The timer of time of maintenance of temperature … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … from 1й till 999 minutes
9 . Idle time timer … … … … … … … … … …. … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … . from 1й till 999 minutes
10 . Supply voltage … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … from 100 to 300 Volts
11 . The maximum switched power … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … … ….2500 Watts

After connection of a temperature regulator to the socket the device is ready to work. The sensor it is necessary to arrange in a place where it is necessary to maintain temperature, to connect heating (or cooling) the device.