Author Topic: Curds in Tulsa  (Read 887 times)

jdgabbard

Curds in Tulsa
« on: February 03, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
The name is Doug, and I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  Although I owe my youth to a more remote area of the state.  I have just taken the leap into cheese making, and am still learning, thus the reason for coming to this site.  This is but one of about a thousand hobbies.  The ones closest in interest to those of this site would probably be brewing, making wine, and sausage.

I just finished my second batch, which is currently drying before I'll wax it.  This is the farmhouse cheddar recipe.  The first batch didn't dry so well, and this batch is a big maybe.  I'm learning technique, since I'm limited in my space/equipment being in a small apartment while finishing up a degree. 

I enjoy the cold weather, which is prime time for brewing, cuddling, late night movies, and I'd assume cheese making.

KatKooks

Re: Curds in Tulsa
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »
Hi Doug, I'm new too. 

Welcome to the site and good luck with your cheese!

Cheers!

John@PC

Re: Curds in Tulsa
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »
I enjoy the cold weather, which is prime time for brewing, cuddling, late night movies, and I'd assume cheese making.
  Tulsa can't be that cold?  You could move to where KatKooks lives and probably quintuple your "quality family time" ^-^.   Good luck with the new endeavor, and let us know how it goes (the cheesemaking, that is).