Author Topic: Hispanico 5 months  (Read 1439 times)

svetlen

Hispanico 5 months
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:25:38 PM »

The cheese was made 30.08.13, from pasteurized cow milk 15 litres and 3 liters of raw milk, a total of 18 liters. Lipase acute 1 dose ( that goes to 10 litres). Recipehttp://cheeseforum.org/articles/wiki-manchego-cheese-making-recipe/
Strictly followed the recipe, plums pH 6.3 total time of pressing 6 hours and 25 minutes, the final pH 5.4.  In brine 20% was 16 hours and 40 minutes. Weight after form 2530 gr and weight after brine 2530 gr has not changed :o ? Output Mature 2200 g. Maturation 1 month cream coating, 4 months wax.
The cheese is a delicious lipase gave a good touch of taste.

But I read that is hard and rubbery cheese, and mine was very soft. With a knife to cut it was difficult to stick to a knife. I was all at once sold out and everyone is not enough. Managed to make a photo of one piece. I'll repeat this cheese consider him to be successful in spite of the excessive softness.

This is the second cheese in this recipe, the first was sour I was not the pH meter.

Geodyne

Re: Hispanico 5 months
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:54:45 PM »
It looks marvelous, Svetlen.

As to your cheese being softer than you expect: the wax would have kept a lot of moisture in, and I think 5 months is still young for a Hispanico. You had a 14.6% yield, which is quite high so you may not have stirred as much as others.

It sounds like the pH meter has really improved your consistency.

Denise

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 08:22:02 AM »
A cheese to you for a very nice-looking cheese.  :D

JeffHamm

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »
Sounds like you're getting a nice string of good results now!  A cheese to you.  That looks and sounds really good.

- Jeff

svetlen

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 06:23:37 PM »

Thank you all for your feedback, I can't believe , finally tasting cheese make me happy :D.

Today I go on cheese Hispanico №3 of 17 liters of milk, added 1 dose acute lipase. This time slicing grain to grain of rice could make it easier and faster with the lyre 13 mm I just it shuffles. First time doing the big bath water and heated to 40 C 45 minutes had not happened for 52 minutes. I think now the cheese out more solid. pH meter showed strange and when the cheese was already in the press откалибровала it and am waiting for purpose pH 5.4., so far everything is going according to plan.
In a capsule a dose of a sharp lipase on 6-10 liters of milk.