Author Topic: 1st Munster  (Read 5871 times)

JeffHamm

Re: 1st Munster
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2014, 07:47:05 PM »
Yes, how is this one?  I went for the mild version, and I'm just going to have the last wee wedge with lunch today.  Your's looks like a much more mature rind, so the flavour will be very different.  I'm curious to see how it "works" when aged right out, so please, do tell!  And photos if you've got 'em.

- Jeff

John@PC

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 11:57:19 PM »
Well?  How did it go?  Could you post photos?
andreark
I took pictures a couple of weeks ago when I cut it and thought I posted but apparently not so thanks for the reminder Andrea.  Unfortunately I couldn't find my picture >:( so I pulled out the half section  that I vacuumed bagged to take this picture.  Although the bag had a leak and had lost vacuum there was absolutely no unwanted mold.  Aroma was fantastic, rind very orange and the very-white paste that was creamy when I cut it had become more elastic which made for a better consistancy.   Of the 100+ cheeses I've made this ranked at the top right up there with Kathrin's Caerphilly with Chives.   Not a bad result considering I screwed up the "pressing" so royally!

JeffHamm

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 04:06:20 AM »
A cheese for a fantastic result!  That looks great. 

- Jeff

JimSteel

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2014, 05:05:24 AM »
Been waiting for this one.  Looks awesome.  Glad you enjoyed it.  A cheese to you.