Author Topic: Hiya from sunny Dubai  (Read 1052 times)

GlabrousD

Hiya from sunny Dubai
« on: February 26, 2014, 10:04:47 AM »
Hiya All,

I recently attended a one-day cheese making course at High Weald Dairy whilst back in the UK for a few days. I’ve been a cheese-based-life-form for as long as I can remember and have always been interested in having a go.

I bought the Mary Karlin book a while back but lacked the confidence to start making cheese – the excellent course has now rectified this. I’ve made bread and ice-cream for years without issues... not sure why the hesitation on the cheeses.

Anyhow I still have my Cheddar from the course (wax covered to protect it on the flight back to Dubai) and have just made a Blue Gouda. Boy did I underestimate the time required! Luckily my FLW (Fair Lady Wife) was very understanding and agreed to postpone last Saturday’s shopping trip – Phew!

I’m loving the forum and now have a wish-list of cheeses as long as my arm... I may well post on my progress as I go along... failures and, hopefully, successes.

Thanks for a great forum. Cheers, GD.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: Hiya from sunny Dubai
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 02:11:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum, GD. Looking forward to following your cheese exploits.

Seems like you have an asset in FLW. Good on you. :)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

GlabrousD

Re: Hiya from sunny Dubai
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:39:49 PM »
Thanks very much Boofer - I've been reading your exploits with interest as well as LB and Sailor's. I aspire to your expertise  :)

Without the experienced forum member's posts I certainly wouldn't have the enthusiasm I have now.

Cheers, GD.