As mentioned in the Gouda thread, I've found a novel way to make a Munster since my actual Munster makes seem to have different ideas.
It actually makes perfect sense now that I look back.
As I had no b. linens, I was doing the hand wash thing you mentioned for this, the third Munster. Clearly the PR from the Stilton migrated over before my hand linens could gain traction.
However, my 4L baby Gouda experiment was in a pretty much sealed container to prevent or at least reduce the cross contamination from the blue. Which appears to have providing a perfect 90-95% environment for the linens. It has a nice little orangish rind developing.
As for the Munster, I've scrubbed back as much of the PR that I can see, cutting too small holes where it penetrated a wee bit. And on Friday, I got an actual honest to goodness SR3 linens and have started a wash with that and a bit of Geo 13.
Here's to hoping the SR3 takes over...
Edit; added pics. First is the Munster after scrubbed of PR and washed with SR3 and Geo13 3% brine solution. Second is the baby Gouda that hasn't been washed, smeared or anything. It's got a bit of PR but the linens, whatever strain and some Geo seem to be 'winning'.