After a bit of a hiatus, I got back into making, instead of just eating, cheese. I've had a couple successful Emmantal makes, and since I've found a new, less-expensive, creamline milk to use, thought I'd try a bloomy-rind. Using G.Caldwell as a guide, I made a 3 gal batch into two brie cheeses.
Used Meso Aroma B, P. Candidum, couple flakes of Geo-15, and a smidge of Thermo B.
I liked this recipe/style as it has less stirring and cooking; different draining/pressing requirements too.
Now have a wine cooler to use as temperature and humidity controlled space.
I'll take pictures as the white develops.