Author Topic: The Blues ain't about feeling bad....  (Read 7072 times)

Flound

Re: The Blues ain't about feeling bad....
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2014, 10:59:21 AM »
Piercing day!!!

Admittedly, I was kinda scared to touch it. I had vision of a cheese paste hand popping out of the wheel, grabbing me by the throat and hauling me into Dante's blue inferno.

Tasted the paste....young but promising.

Matthewcraig

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2014, 11:38:39 AM »
great looking blue there a cheese for you!

Flound

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2014, 11:28:35 AM »
6 days after piercing...

Bill still hasn't asked me to move out. Bless her heart, she's a remarkable woman.

Flound

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2014, 07:15:55 PM »
FAIL!

Did the second piercing two weeks after the first, then opened it a week after that.

No blue veins. B linens veins. Interior ammonia and runny in spots. In other places, very Stiltonesque, but without PR.

Dustbin.

JeffHamm

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 08:31:56 PM »
That's a shame.  My first stiltonesque went in the bin as well (also ammoniated, but I had plenty of blue mould development).  Hmmm, in the semi-lactic boards there's a thread on a semi-lactic blue I made a few years ago.  It turned out very nice, and it's a small, 2 litre make.  Might be worth trying something like that for a bit until you get the blue mould working for you.  Everything else about the make looks fine, just your PR development never took off.  It seems when you don't want blue, it's everywhere, but just try and make it grow when you want, and it's nowhere to be seen. 

You'll get it though. 

- Jeff

GlabrousD

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2014, 06:41:16 AM »
Really sorry to hear that Flound - my sympathy.

Cheers, GD.