Author Topic: 2nd Caerphilly  (Read 5029 times)

Flound

Re: 2nd Caerphilly
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2014, 01:42:45 AM »
The joys of cheesemaking hit home today.

Not feeling like a full meal, I grabbed a small wedge of this Caerphilly, made on Valentine's day. At just under 7 weeks, I must say very nice.

Paired with some toasted pita chips and a pomegranate habernero chilli sauce, it was freaking fantastic.

Partway through, the simple pleasure of an excellent cheese, made by my own hand, sunk in and I felt quite pleased with myself.

Thanks folks...

JeffHamm

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2014, 04:22:08 AM »
Yah, today I had a sandwich, in which the cheese (some staffordshire and some 2+ year old Dunlop), tomato, and lettuce were all made or grown by me.  The roast beef, bun, mayo, and cucumber, were all bought by me, so it was entirely a product of me! :)  Seriously though, it is nice to sit down and enjoy a nice cheese that you've made yourself.  And caerphilly is one of my favorites too. 

- Jeff

John@PC

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2014, 12:28:30 AM »
The joys of cheesemaking hit home today.Not feeling like a full meal, I grabbed a small wedge of this Caerphilly, made on Valentine's day. At just under 7 weeks, I must say very nice. Paired with some toasted pita chips and a pomegranate habernero chilli sauce, it was freaking fantastic.  Partway through, the simple pleasure of an excellent cheese, made by my own hand, sunk in and I felt quite pleased with myself.
Thanks folks...
Your post really pegged my experience as I'm sure it did for a  lot of home cheese makers. Home cheese making is still in it's formative years, kind of like where home brewing was 20 yrs. ago.   Like your first good brew, that first good cheese will get you hooked  :).