Author Topic: What to do when it all goes wrong  (Read 4668 times)

Matthewcraig

Re: What to do when it all goes wrong
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 07:18:00 PM »
as i don’t live in America i don’t buy the same milk, but i do find that the milk i normally get which is locally produced in north Yorkshire is much better quality so yields better curd and more curd than the milk i have bought from waitrose.

GlabrousD

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 10:48:10 AM »
... i do find that the milk i normally get which is locally produced in north Yorkshire is much better quality...

That's because Yorkshire cows are 'ard as nails lad :)

Bit disturbed to see that Waitrose has invaded Yorkshire... that's a bit soft and southern isn't it?

Cheers, GD.

PS. Born in Devon and now living on the Tropic of Cancer... I can't be much more of a southerner without crossing the equator :)

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 06:45:07 PM »
Still aging these craggy little darlings in the cave.  Put the trier into them today but no apparent veining so I re-pierced them from top to bottom this time.  Felt like a hit quite a few little pockets so here's hoping.  Interior did have a great texture.  Nice and crumbly with a slight bit of creaminess. :o
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Geodyne

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 08:22:08 PM »
I have to say they're looking great so far Al.

No interior veining with all that growth? It may have covered over the holes too quickly. I wonder whether you'll have any issues with slip skin.

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 11:37:28 PM »
No, dry as a bone.  I'm sure I'll get some veining with the vertical piercing.  As I said, I could feel the skewer passing through cavities while piercing.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Flound

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 11:31:42 AM »
I'm sure I'll get some veining with the vertical piercing.  As I said, I could feel the skewer passing through cavities while piercing.

A collection of sentences, if uttered by one's dentist, that would be quite unnerving.

Thankfully in the fromage milieu, wholly acceptable.

Those look nasty! In a good way, of course. AC2U.