Author Topic: 4th Caerphilly  (Read 9785 times)

JeffHamm

Re: 4th Caerphilly
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 03:57:27 AM »
Hi Mal,

That sounds about right.  I suspect one could press a bit more vigorously to get a more closed interior as the pressing is a bit on the light side in this make.  Regardless, I quite like the results of this make procedure and use this cheese to help extend the life of ones that require more aging.  A nice tasty cheese that is ready in 3 weeks is a keeper in my books.  Looking forward to your photos.

- Jeff

anutcanfly

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 05:39:45 PM »
Good job Ozzie!  It's like christmas every time you crack a wheel for the first time.  :)

Hi Jeff,

After some serious munching I have come to the conclusion that Caerphilly is worth making for it's own sake, not just to keep your fingers off the other cheese!  I can't believe how fast the wheel I cracked disappeared!  :P

JeffHamm

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2011, 08:16:04 PM »
Hi anut,

I agree.  It is a good cheese in its own right.  The short time to enjoyment is just an added benefit, but it has its uses! 

- Jeff

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2011, 02:36:45 AM »
A good cheese.... a Bloody excellent one.  Damn it been opened for three or so days and there is only 1/4 left.  Making another tomorrow, if I don'y I'll get lynched :)
Sorry photos still coming
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
All I have is pictures... the mice ( two legged genus) have left me with nothing but memories... It's gone . . . nothing left . . . The buggers ate the lot nearly 1/2 a kilo of cheese gone in a day . . . . not even crumbs. 

Ahhh well... its saturday tomorrow time to do another.    These are the images from wednesday
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

boothrf

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »
Congratulations Mal, a very good looking cheese indeed!  :) Sounds like it tasted fantastic as well.

How are those cams coming along?

Bob

JeffHamm

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »
That's a great looking caerphilly Mal!  And the taste sounds like it was spot on.  You'll need to do something about those mice though (or make a bigger cheese!).  :)

- Jeff

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2011, 12:45:38 AM »
Yes.. A bigger cheese and bloody big mouse traps hehehe.  Doing a 10 Litre one today. O0

Rizzo

« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2014, 09:35:23 PM »
This one I just made (recipe from 200 easy cheeses) ..looks nice but the proof of the pudding....... :)

JeffHamm

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2014, 10:23:49 PM »
Very nice looking result.  Are those chives?   Don't forget to post your tasting notes when you try it.

- Jeff