Author Topic: Cave with compressor versus dynamic cooling condenser  (Read 1714 times)

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
Cave with compressor versus dynamic cooling condenser
« on: May 09, 2014, 04:47:52 AM »
Sears has an interesting freezer on their website, with adjustable shelves....

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-5.8-cu-ft-upright-freezer-white/p-04620602000P?prdNo=4&blockNo=4&blockType=G4

But the cooling system is different, with a dynamic cooling condenser rather than a compressor.  Does anyone know if the condenser would work with an outside temperature controller? Would the compressor or the condenser tolerate the on/off cycles better?
Susan

jwalker

Re: Cave with compressor versus dynamic cooling condenser
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 02:03:23 PM »
As I understand it , there are static condensers and dynamic condensers , the only difference being , the dynamic condenser has a fan to circulate air thru it for faster cooling or flash freezing , both units still require a Compressor to compress and circulate the refrigerant.

So technically the only difference would be the addition of the fan , so I would guess that an external control would work fine with it.

Thanks for posting this , I am looking for an upright freezer , that is a great price , I will be ordering one. ;D

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 04:22:27 PM »
I ordered the temp controller from Perfect Cheese, and hopefully it will arrive soon! The freezer is about 30 days away from being available. It is a new product from Sears. At any rate, does it matter what number I sent the knob on the freezer to? Should it be at the warmest setting?
Susan

jwalker

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
It should be set to the coldest setting , the controller will cut power when it senses it is at the right temp , preventing it from getting too cold.

The Ones I have used work in that manner.