Author Topic: Azorean Milk Liqueur  (Read 9095 times)

murmur

Re: Azorean Milk Liqueur
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 12:32:33 AM »
Started batch 2 last Friday.
Looking great- Froze the chocolate and then grated it finely. Already a much darker color than my first batch

jwalker

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »
Mine is all long gone , it was a big hit with all who tried it.

I am getting ready for another batch though , I have been fermenting and distilling like a madman , hoping to have lots of neutral spirits ready for the fruit harvest , I currently have a 2 gallon batch of Raspberry liqeuer aging and a couple bottles of Coffee liqeuer , and five gallons of 70% ABV ready for the cherry harvest.

I will do two gallons of the milk liqeuer this time , one with the lemons and one with raspberries , our raspberries are producing so much this year we can't pick them fast enough !

Thanks again for that recipe .

murmur

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 12:27:11 AM »
Mine is all long gone , it was a big hit with all who tried it.

I am getting ready for another batch though , I have been fermenting and distilling like a madman , hoping to have lots of neutral spirits ready for the fruit harvest , I currently have a 2 gallon batch of Raspberry liqeuer aging and a couple bottles of Coffee liqeuer , and five gallons of 70% ABV ready for the cherry harvest.

I will do two gallons of the milk liqeuer this time , one with the lemons and one with raspberries , our raspberries are producing so much this year we can't pick them fast enough !

Thanks again for that recipe .

You likely know my ex Father in law. He is retired lives in your area past 20 years and has similar hobbies to you minus the cheesemaking ;D
I am glad it worked for you.
I have 2 people that are fighting over who gets the solids. They would pass on the liqueur for a chance at the solids

murmur

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2014, 03:27:54 AM »
Strained my Batch today

Solids are spoken for:)

gjfarm

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 08:46:12 PM »

JWalker -- are you using your raspberry liquor , or actually adding the raspberries to the milk, sugar, vodka mix?  If adding them to the mix, is this in place of, or in addition to the lemons.
Raspberry season is upon us :)

jwalker

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2014, 12:42:26 PM »
Am going to substitute raspberries for the lemons in one batch.

I will keep my raspberry liqeuer as is .

Yes raspberry season is definitely here , we're picking every day , had fresh raspberries on frozen yogurt last night for dinner , it was too hot for anything else , it was delicious !

Just finished two gallons of cherry brandy last night , took a five gallon pail of cherries to get 1 gallon of cherry juice , so 1 gallon of the brandy goes to the guy who gave me the cherries.

Going to pick up 20 pounds of Rainier cherries today ( my all time favorites) , haven't decided what to do with those yet. ::)
They made a fantastic wine last year.
I'll Probably eat ten pounds anyway. :o