Author Topic: Greetings from Thailand  (Read 7366 times)

shoelessone

Re: Greetings from Thailand
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »
Hi Nick (and Kai!)

I'm Kevin, aka shoelessone.  I just wanted to say hi, this past summer I backpacked around SE Asia for 6 months, and spent about 2 months in Thailand, 3 or so weeks in BKK.  I have very fond memories of Thailand and really miss it.  I really liked BKK also, I stay for about two weeks near the #1 Lumpini park subway exit, my girlfriend and travel partner did step aerobics every night at 6 in Lumpini park.  I really miss it, and hope to go back someday soon (happy to know of any companies looking for an American Computer Science person? ;))

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, I'm new here also (this is my first post!), good luck with your cheese! 

Somewhat cheese related (but not really): I also really miss being able to find the "coffee" flavored milk.  Oh, and I miss going to Siam Paragon and listening to this song:
Thai Movie Intro We love the King
  - any idea where I might be able to find that exact version of the song?  I only heard it in Siam Paragon...

kai

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »
http://www.prd.go.th/thaisound/
No.3, 4, 8, 14, 20, 24, 28, 32
It's same song but different style.

kenjin

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 06:57:00 AM »
I think , 2 of us for now.
where do you live?
I live in BKK.

I am not far from you in Chonburi. I can't find any raw milk but I have found raw goats milk. What about you?

Rich

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 09:12:21 AM »
Hi Nick,  I was in Viet Nam, P.I., and Thailand during the "conflict", and I love Thailand.  Some of the greatest people in the world.  I only saw Bangkok, Ubon and Udorn; but I love the country.  There was a "native cheese" in the P.I. that was fantastic and I'm wondering if the Thai's have something similar?

kenjin

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 04:26:52 PM »
Hi Nick,  I was in Viet Nam, P.I., and Thailand during the "conflict", and I love Thailand.  Some of the greatest people in the world.  I only saw Bangkok, Ubon and Udorn; but I love the country.  There was a "native cheese" in the P.I. that was fantastic and I'm wondering if the Thai's have something similar?

I know Udorn Tani and Uborn Tani very well. I am not sure about native cheese I have never heard of it?

kai

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 04:26:00 AM »
I have only  a raw goat milk too.

kai

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 02:06:16 AM »
Nick, If you are in Chonburi
You can get a raw milk from Ban Buang diary co-op.
tel.038297319-20
http://www.coopthai.com/banbuang/index.html

kenjin

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 02:46:19 AM »
Nick, If you are in Chonburi
You can get a raw milk from Ban Buang diary co-op.
tel.038297319-20
http://www.coopthai.com/banbuang/index.html

Kai, thank you so much!!!! This is excellent news. I have been searching for a long time. I can't wait, I will go today.

Wannie

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 12:39:04 PM »
Hello Nick and welcome to the cheese forum. 

Zinger

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 03:23:20 PM »
Hey Nick, welcome to the forum. We live in two different worlds - Michigan & Thailand - but I'll bet we can benefit each other.

P.S. I would love to hit Thailand some day.

wharris

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 03:35:50 PM »
Zinger,  what did Thailand ever do to you?   ;)

Zinger

« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 06:18:12 PM »
Well Wayne - now that you mention it - Thailand exported it's cuisine, and that hasn't been good for my waistline!   ;D

wharris

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 01:34:20 AM »
I love southeast Asia.  I spend 3 years of my life bouncing between Okinawa, Philippines, Korea, Taiwan, surrounding islands.

I love the food and the area.. 
left there in '87.  Would love to go back someday.

kenjin

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 04:14:52 AM »
Well people,

If you ever decide to head out this way, I can help out.

Captain Caprine

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2009, 04:41:05 AM »
Don'r worry Zinger, when I was younger I would take a hit of Thailand frequently
CC