Author Topic: recipe mozzarella with several types of bacterial culture  (Read 3435 times)

mohamed

recipe mozzarella with several types of bacterial culture
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:24:31 PM »
hello everyone

ingredient:

-10 L of raw milk
-1 packet thermophilic culture C201 (CULTURE INCLUDES: lactose, (ST) streptococcus thermophilus, (LB) lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, (LH) lactobacillus helveticus)
-1 Yogurt natural 100G (CULTURE INCLUDES: Lactose, Dry milk powder, (ST) Streptococcus thermophilus, (LB) Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, (LA) Lactobacillus acidophilus, (LBL) Lactobacillus lactis, Bifidobacterium lactis, autolyzed yeast. )
-1/4 lipase Active pregastric esterase enzymes
-Rennet 2.5 ml liquid rennet 1:10000

same procedure as Old original recipe mozzarella the only difference this is to put 1h the culture before the presure only
I await your comments

@+
Hidri

henrikpoa

Re: recipe mozzarella with several types of bacterial culture
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 01:44:20 PM »
Dear Hidri,
Would you change anything special if you used low pasturized non homogenized milk instead of raw milk?
This is what i can find in Sweden.

Also do you know in what proportions the Culture c201 is? For exampale  66% ST and 16% LB and 16% LH ?

Thank you.

mohamed

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 05:56:51 PM »
Hi henrikpoa,

Code: [Select]
Would you change anything special if you used low pasturized non homogenized milk instead of raw milk?
not change

Code: [Select]
Also do you know in what proportions the Culture c201 is? For exampale  66% ST and 16% LB and 16% LH ?
no I do not know (http://www.cheesemaking.com/shop/thermophilic-ds-culture-5-pack.html)

@+

henrikpoa

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 06:04:18 AM »
Ok thank you,
Iam currently trying to master this mozzarella but still it is a bit more rubbery than mozzarella bought from the supermarket. But the taste is at a different level though.
I have to work alot on this.
Is there any particular reason that you heat up to 37 degrees instead of 32 degrees that is practised by many other recipies?

mohamed

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 03:47:07 PM »
Hi henrikpoa,

32 degrees = mozzarella for salads and it is not rubbery (for direct consumption)
37 degrees = mozzarella for pizza and rubbery (for cooking)
test, is suitable for your taste and your needs

@+

henrikpoa

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 09:00:22 AM »
Wonderful reply since iam trying to make mozzarella for my neapolitan pizza :)
Thank you

Offline decadentcookie

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2022, 10:41:28 PM »
Hi henrikpoa,

32 degrees = mozzarella for salads and it is not rubbery (for direct consumption)
37 degrees = mozzarella for pizza and rubbery (for cooking)
test, is suitable for your taste and your needs

@+
Do you think this would apply to "quick mozzarella" as well? I am trying to make for neapolitan pies to melt a bit better (not melt crazy but not stay like a thick blob)