Author Topic: The Forum is in the doldrums  (Read 5614 times)

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Re: The Forum is in the doldrums
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
Okay, I've done my part -- I just added some pictures of a cheddar make, and a follow-up on a Caerphilly. Nothing very exciting, but evidence that even us non-professionals ARE busy making cheese during the summer!
-- Andy

Alpkäserei

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2014, 01:32:24 AM »
I've done my part and have been posting updates on the build of my cheese house, but you people are the doldrums and don't reply  ;)

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 02:33:10 AM »
I've done my part and have been posting updates on the build of my cheese house, but you people are the doldrums and don't reply  ;)
I think we are all in awe of your progress, I know I am impressed and am very envious Of your dream :)
please keep posting,
Another cheese for you ( you always amaze)   
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

flac

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 03:04:13 AM »

Also, if you look at who is online, you always see that there are more guests than members. Perhaps some of the guests would like to join us and add to the conversations. A)

Some of us members don't post that much. One year and 19 posts!  :o I guess should venture in and add to the conversation!

Geodyne

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 04:32:24 AM »
I've been guilty of keeping quiet as well, as I've been busy and neither making nor eating much cheese. That's about to change though, as I've just ordered 70 litres of milk and 2 litres of cream, with which to make cheese this weekend. I'll be making two Cheshires (one fajita-flavoured, one plain), a couple of stiltons and some parmesan. Over three days of course.

Pics to come, of course.

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 04:23:42 AM »
Okay, I did my part in posting!! 5 cheeses for my daughter's wedding 7-5-14!
Susan

Geodyne

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 04:31:46 AM »
scasnerkay, you're such a star. I've been waiting for these, and I think I'll enjoy reading them while making cheese tomorrow.

Edited to add: is there a photo of all the cheeses together?

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 05:09:48 AM »
Geo - unfortunately not... unless the photographer took a photo of them. I realized too late that I should have made little tags for the different cheeses. But they all tasted good anyway!

Susan
Susan

Geodyne

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2014, 02:33:02 AM »
That's such a shame, they all look so marvelous!! Have a cheese for a job so well done.

Matthewcraig

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »
I am also guilty of becoming silent, in the summer months I'm frequently burdened by the hot humid weather, and therefore unable to care for my little milky babies as well, I should hopefully be back in the next few months.

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2014, 02:45:52 PM »
Guilty of silence here.  Only one goat milking so not enough to really make cheese.  BUT......I have been having fun making extremely lazy woman's cheese.  Fresh goat milk, milked into bowl, poured into jar  (not even filtered because nothing fell in), allowed to sit at room temp for 24 or whatever hours, a few drops of rennet added and left to sit another 24 or whatever hours.  Lightly drained in a haphazard way.  Resulting in a sweet custard style of cheese that would be at home in a fruit tart but gets eaten by me instead because I'm too lazy to make fruit tarts when I can just eat fruit and eat this sweet custardy cheese.   :D  But you all are missed and your humor is SO lovely.  I'll have to read the forum even if I don't have any cheese talk.....although I do have a bunch of tommes being neglected in my converted chest freezer cave.  Some a year or more old.  I'll brush some off and open them sometime.  Expect posts then.   ???  wish me luck.

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 02:12:47 AM »
I'm still here :)
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 12:33:41 PM »
wish me luck.
Good luck, Kathrin.  Looking forward to your good humor and pearls of wisdom. :)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

hoeklijn

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
Also very quiet on this side of the pond. I'm running a Dutch forum now for a bit more than a year and it's quiet there as well, although we are planning our third meeting in the late autumn.
I'm not making cheese at the moment, in October we get a new dormer on our roof and I have to do a lot of work for that and I have to move my cave and cheese-making stuff to different locations in the house, so the cave must be empty by then

chevre au lait

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 12:47:39 AM »
Okay, I'm here now!  Milk is happening!  Albeit I have only two mini goats, both in their first freshening, and both with their kids on them by day...still, I can get nearly a liter of fresh, raw goat milk to play with, each morning!  So I'll try to post, but I'm sure my posts will be prosaic newbie stuff.  Heading over to questions and problems section now.   :)