Author Topic: Debi's: How to Make Yogurt Toppings  (Read 2302 times)

Online Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
Debi's: How to Make Yogurt Toppings
« on: March 22, 2009, 10:51:22 AM »
Originally posted by member DeeJayDebi, split into new Topic:

Well I have lots of ideas for toppings. I usually go by what I can get a good deal on, the time of year etc. Right now it’s the middle of winter and good fresh fruits are demanding a premium price – so frozen and canned fruits are probably cheapest. If you buy canned fruits stick to the no sugar or light syrup varieties if you want to keep the sugars down! Just about any fruit will work as will different flavorings.

Fresh chopped Mango, Peach, Blueberry and Apricot are my favorites!

Let’s start with peaches. This is my favorite way to do peaches. Fresh is best, then frozen but alas it’s winter! I couldn’t find any frozen ones either so I got no sugar added peaches canned in pear juice.
  • Open a can of peaches and drain liquid into a bowl.
  • Throw peaches into a blender or small blender/chopper.
  • Blend peaches until they are smooth.
  • Add about ½ teaspoon of cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract and blend again. This is optional but it’s the way I like it.
  • Taste it. If you want it sweeter add honey, sugar or some other sweetener. If you are using canned peaches in heavy syrup you could use the juice.
It’s all up to you – you can make any flavor your want. Experiment and have fun.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:59:47 AM by Webmaster »

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
Re: Debi's: How to Make Yogurt Toppings
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 03:07:31 PM »
If you don't mind all the sugar and cornstarch pie filling works well too but there's not much fruit in pie filling it's all sugar!