Author Topic: Forum access problems  (Read 5193 times)

John@PC

Re: Forum access problems
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 08:44:59 PM »
Ok, we may be closing in on the problem(s).  I got this email from one of my customers:
Just figured it out - you have to use a pop or imap mail account -
gmail and yahoo etc do not work.  So, I just set up an account.
Thanks again John. M
Now I don't know much about pop or imap but I did notice that if you look at the most recently joined members none have gmail or yahoo accounts.  Now I'm like HKJ and registered over a year ago with a gmail account with no problem.  I wonder if there was a server move or something that triggered the problem (no techie am I  :().  I know our webmaster is located in Qatar now, not that that has anything to do with it.  I've got an email back to Michael so maybe he can give more detail.  I've also contacted two others that reported problems, so Helen and Judy if your still out there hopefully we can get this fixed.   Still would be nice to have a little more help from the "top".

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:12 PM »
Could be a change in gmail; could also be a change in the software that runs the forum. However, there is another possibility -- some time back, the organization for which I work found itself unable to send any emails to gmail and hotmail accounts. The problem was that a virus caused spam to be sent from our IP addresses, which then caused us to be blacklisted by gmail and hotmail. It took quite a while to get off the black list.
-- Andy

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2014, 12:02:26 PM »
The better half is unable to register here.....no confirmation email.
No problems registering at other forums.

???

:(

John@PC

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2014, 01:07:49 AM »
Apparently the root problem hasn't been resolved yet by the webmaster.  My guess is your "better half" has a gmail, yahoo, aol, etc address.  If so you may want to try going through a different email supplier.  I wanted to try to find out what was a good "alternative" but I got a hand slap and gave up.  If you do find a solution please let everyone know because I wouldn't be surprised if there are a bunch of others out there who "want to get in" but can't.

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 02:00:28 AM »
Tried 6 different email addresses...nothing works...it's impossible to register.

Very discouraging! :(

qdog1955

« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 09:30:05 AM »
I now have 5 unwanted email accounts----finally the gmx.com worked.
Qdog

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »
We tried GMX, it didn't work for us.

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2014, 03:12:36 PM »
Hi all, just opened this thread and read posts. Don't know what the problems are, many people setting up new accounts each day.

Any of you can email me any time, I've put my address on the log in page. Also you can PM me anytime, just go to top menu > My Messages > Send a Message > in To type Webmaster.

To help me find a persons account, please give me User ID, email address etc, otherwise I have no idea how to find you . . .

DiggingDog, welcome, did you use the same email address, that is not allowed.

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »
No different addresses.

Offline Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 40
    • CheeseForum.org
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2014, 05:45:12 PM »
That's probably the problem, you need different email addresses.

DiggingDogFarm

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2014, 07:12:25 PM »
They were all different email addresses.
I registered with my personal email address.
The better half tried to register with the farm email address and 5 other email addresses...none of them worked.

I sent you an email.

Thanks!