Author Topic: Boofer's Wensleydale Effort #1  (Read 5485 times)

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
Re: Boofer's Wensleydale Effort #1
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2014, 02:57:20 AM »
BOOFER!!!!!  JEFF!!!!!  H-J-K!!!!!  I've missed you guys!  not enough milk to make cheese and busy with the growing season, slaughtering season, new goats, too many sheep, etc.  phew!  A cheese to Boofer for another lovely cheese!  How is everyone doing?  I haven't been totally idle in the cheesemaking realm but close.  You guys have been plugging away making cool cheeses while I was just not being cheesey.  I did open some 14 month old cheeses a week of two ago and I'll do a little post of those.  Don't know where i'll post it....one is a tomme, the other a Caerphilly.  too lazy to make 2 different posts.....maybe I'll go to the lounge and make up a cheese plate for you all!

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2014, 02:16:24 PM »
Welcome back, Kathrin. Thanks for the cheese.

I've stepped away a little from my cheesemaking...nothing new in the works...waiting for the fresh milk in the Spring. Other matters have also distracted me and I'll be posting less going forward.

I'll be taking a wedge of this Wensleydale and a wedge of the Montasio #3 over to my 91-year-old Dad this afternoon. That latest version of Montasio is a keeper. Nicely nutty. Yum!

Anxiously awaiting your cheese plate.... :)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

JeffHamm

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2014, 06:59:48 AM »
Welcome back! 

I'm a bit slow right now as well.  The cave was full, and things at work got really busy.  But, might have some time to make a cheese or two fairly soon.  Thinking of a caerphilly, and a brie.  There will be others too, I'm sure.

- Jeff

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »
HI! Ms. T,
Good to see you out and about :) and I do look forward to whey more cheesey conversation
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/