Author Topic: new  (Read 661 times)

Lloyd Thompson

new
« on: August 30, 2014, 02:52:21 AM »
Hi. I just joined the group and hope I'm sending this introduction correctly. I'd rather make cheese than learn how to use a computer and groups...but I'm new to cheesemaking as well so wanted to join and learn alot more!!! I have two fine dairy goats and have made some darn good chevre and feta and am now ready to move on to hard cheeses. First questions will be about wine coolers to use as cheese caves but, for now, I'm just introducing myself here in Pennsylvania!

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
Re: new
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
Welcome, Lloyd. Sounds like you've got your priorities right but I think you will find this forum pretty useful. You can always fit it in during the times when you're waiting for your cheese to ripen, coagulate and all those other things that cheeses do in their own sweet time.
- Andrew

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 04:46:18 PM »
Welcome from a transplanted Marylander.  You should be able to find a wealth of information on coolers here.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Lloyd Thompson

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 07:09:01 PM »
Thanks! I think I'm beginning to get a handle on this 'fridge turned in to cheese cave thing. I believe I want a wireless hygrometer so I don't have to open the 'fridge door...and it looks like several people like the Honeywell wireless model. Then the thermostat from New England Cheesemaking Supply that I plug the 'fridge in to...then some open bowls of water inside for humidity! Whew. Milking the goats is more fun but I do need to learn this cheese technical bit.