Author Topic: Cheese class with Gianaclis Caldwell  (Read 1432 times)

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Cheese class with Gianaclis Caldwell
« on: September 22, 2014, 01:24:05 PM »
Yesterday afternoon was spent soaking in the lactic knowledge presented by Gianaclis Caldwell. Eight class members participated in a Camembert make session accompanied by a lively discussion. Mark Solomon opened up his home for the class and assisted Gianaclis in providing equipment, cultures, and stirring capabilities. His wife and daughter crafted a delightful dinner comprised of produce from their garden with special touches from Mark's cheese efforts.

Everyone came away with smiles on their faces, motivated to create their own bloomy cheeses. It was a wonderful, convivial afternoon. I dispensed what knowledge of the forum I could to my other seven classmates so we may see some new members show up soon.

I offered my first Montasio effort to the class. Yes, I know, not a bloomy. ::)  But it had goat milk in it! :P

-Boofer-
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 01:44:24 PM by Boofer »
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Re: Cheese class with Gianaclis Caldwell
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »
Wow, what an awesome event, Boof!  Gianaclis is quite a lady; I've gained a lot from her work.  She's apparently coming to the midwest over the next month or two, our Artisan's guild will be sponsoring her, and can't wait to meet her in person.  Thanks for posting.  Your cheese looks wonderful, btw - cheese to you!
- Paul

John@PC

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 12:38:40 AM »
Ditto Paul's comments.  Maybe she'll do a swing-by in South Carolina ::).  Her book is a treasure-trove of knowledge with beautiful descriptions and pictures (in spite of the whey I've spilled on it's pages :P).

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 02:16:11 AM »
Awww... How about DownUnder ?  miss out again !
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !