Author Topic: Hidden Boards  (Read 36306 times)

Curdlessness

Re: Hidden Boards
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 04:45:49 AM »
Dear Curdlessness, how ruining? They post and I stamp out. So I believe minimal spam, specially compared to many forums.

Yes whack a mole, but I have tried several methods and current is best as spammers are overt and thus easy to spot. Current wave is already dying out.

Clearly, you missed the point. If you have to ask how spam ruins a board, then clearly you really don't care much about how the board runs, or how participants on it feel about it. "wave" or no wave, I'm pointing out that it doesn't even have to exist at all, but what I think obviously doesn't matter. Spammers shouldn't be here at all. They shouldn't have even the opportunity to get a post to the open forum.

Wouldn't have to do a single thing to completely and totally prevent any spam at all from making it to the board, if the forum came into the 21st century, and implemented the simple thing of approving first posts. Even something as simple as a Captcha-required post filter, or any one of hundreds of other spam-prevention means are out there. But again, what I think clearly must not matter much to you.

If it is so easy to be this dismissive of just me, then I shudder to think how you feel about the rest of the people here. Unless of course, it's all insiders and old-timers have the clique, and us relative newbies can go pound sand. That's typical on most forums, whether you believe it or not.

Whether you think so or not, your reply was pretty much a longer, thinly-veiled version of "I don't care what you think."

Makes it a less enjoyable place.