Author Topic: problem of water left from cooked mozz!  (Read 1315 times)

sunland

problem of water left from cooked mozz!
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:22:59 AM »
My recipe is : (same as linuxboys method )
1. Heat the raw milk to 72 C for 15" and cool 37 C ( 99 F )
2. Add the starter culture FTP of caminox
3. Add the rennet and cut into 2 inch after 40 min in 37 C ( 99 F )
4. Cut into ½ inch after 5 min
5. Cook in 40 C (105 F ) for 30 min and stir every 5 min
6. Let the curds deposit for 15 min
7. Drain the curds and let rest in a warm place until PH reduced 5.3
8. Cut the curds into 2*1 inch and stretching by hot brine until become soft and shiny
9. Put it in refrigerator for 24 h
10. Chopping and save in freezer
My problem is when cheese cooked on the pizza in  200 C (390 f) , so much  water left from the cheese and my pizza comes out watery .

sunland

Re: problem of water left from cooked mozz!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 01:30:20 PM »
Is there any cheese maker who can help me ?  :(
I did not think my problem would be that much complicated which no one could not answer me.  ;D

Sweet Leaves Farm

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 03:36:38 PM »
You could try stirring the curd the entire time in step 5, but fresh Mozz. is going to be wetter than anything you buy at the store. I always sauté all the other veggies that I put on the pizza, before I assemble it, and cook the crust, before assembling the pizza, that way most of the water from the veggies and crust are already cooked out, and you just have to leave the assembled pizza in the oven long enough to melt the cheese and blend the flavors.

Jabber

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 02:08:36 AM »
Yup my thought would be to apply methods that'll lead to drier curd.  Stirring more vigorously and maybe running a bit higher temp may help?  Have you calibrated your thermometer by chance?  I know the one I have is low by approx. 4F.  If I didn't account for that I'm sure I'd have some issues. 

Another thing that may help would be to up your oven temp when cooking the pizza.   Generally pizza is cooked HOT.  I'd try 450F.  Hotter temps should drive off more water before it has a chance to soak into the pizza.  I'm assuming you're comparing homemade cheese results to the same pizza recipe made with commercial cheese (that worked fine).  Otherwise maybe it is toppings and other aspects of your pizza recipe and cooking that are your problem.  Good luck