Author Topic: hello there  (Read 2388 times)

haemish762

hello there
« on: June 02, 2008, 07:32:46 AM »
  Hey all, my name is Haemish. I have been an avid cheese eater for 30 odd years now and have had a fascination for all things that grow... including cheese, i suppose!
  I ahev only been making cheese since november last year, after undertaking a cheese making course for my birthday. However since then i have found that stinky Blue cheese is my forte. I have made some top ricotta nad i find it hard to keep my oil preserved Fetta in the cupboard. It is too easy to snack on!
  I ahve had a spectacular failure, swiss, there is a nack to it... i have not got the nack!!!!
  I was paid the ultimate compement recently by a french lady whos family happen to be Rocqueforte makers. She liked my cheese that much that she requested more. I suppose i must be doing something right. If only i could source some fresh milk reather than store bought stuff. I think the council may have something to say if i put a cow in the backyard, even a small one.

for all those that know the Fast Show, i will be working on

Squeezey Cheesey Pees

Happy cheese making, Haemish
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 07:34:58 AM by haemish762 »

Cheese Head

Re: hello there
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 09:45:25 AM »
Hello haemish762 and welcome to these forums, thanks for more info on who you are, and congrats on your successful Blue Cheeses!

My first try at blue has not worked out well ???, any advice appreciated in that thread.

Also, my first try at Feta was OK, not great :-\, I used cow's milk and no Lipase powder, so basically tasted like salty white curds, did you use goat's milk? Also appreciate any advice in that thread.

As you can see I have no qualms about showing my failures so we'd also be interested in your failed first Swiss attempt ;). To be positive, I have been very successful with Gouda, (Boursin flavoured) Cream Cheese, and Neufchatel, I posted my records here.

Sadly(?), I am clueless about Squeezey Cheesey Pees . . . again welcome and happy cheese making . . . John.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 10:30:30 AM by Webmaster »

reg

Re: hello there
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »
morning Haemish.  i'm in the same boat as CH, i know nothing of the Fast Show or Sqeezey Cheese Pees. can you fill us in in what that is, thanks

oh and a big congrats on that Blue cheese, sounds like you hit that bang on, good stuff !

reg