Author Topic: My new (old) cheese cave---what settings?  (Read 1520 times)

qdog1955

My new (old) cheese cave---what settings?
« on: January 07, 2015, 07:25:07 PM »
  Old cave was getting to small----converted 15 cubic ft. freezer- fridge to my larger cave. I am using the same external temp. control as before and it keeps a constant 54 -55 degrees.
  The actual thermostat for the fridge is in the freezer and the temperature control for the refrigerator unit itself just controls the air flow from the freezer.
  The question is----at what numbers do I set both controls so that it runs the most efficient? Or does the external thermostat make those controls irrelevant?
  See photos. second pic is freezer control---  I'm assuming save power switch should be on-----4th pic is fridge control
Qdog
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 07:31:45 PM by qdog1955 »

John@PC

Re: My new (old) cheese cave---what settings?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »
Qdog, I don't think the fridge / freezer settings matter all that much.  If you've got an external thermostat and it's holding where you need I would keep everything where it is.

shaneb

Re: My new (old) cheese cave---what settings?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 11:27:05 PM »
I'm very new to this, so take this with a grain of salt....

I run a fridge/freezer combo and I control externally via the fridge temperature. I have set the internal fridge temperature setting to the lowest possible. My reasoning for this is that I want to make sure that the fan sucking air from the freezer to the fridge is permanently running to get the best possible temperature control. It is likely that it would anyway though due to the elevated fridge temperature. My fridge/freezer is unfortunately intelligent. I've had to do a few mods to it (removed the buzzer off the control board or it would constantly alarm, and control via the FET which runs the compressor) to make it a little dumber.  :)

I hope you have success with your new cave.

Shane