Author Topic: New 1/4" curd cutter for rectangular pans  (Read 1429 times)

John@PC

New 1/4" curd cutter for rectangular pans
« on: January 12, 2015, 10:11:32 PM »
It took a year to figure out how to do these but we now have started making 1/4" curd cutters for rectangular steam table pans (or square / rectangular pans with less than 6" milk depth).  While our other cutters are all SS, these have 30lb test braided filament that is also dish washer and steam-sterilizing safe.  I don't have it on the website yet as I would like to get some feedback first from some of you with rectangular pans and are making hard pressed cheeses and get aggravated trying to cut small curds with a wisk (or heaven forbid with a knife :P).  If you're interested in trying one email or message me.  I'll be making these as requested and offering a special price ($28 + free shipping) for forum members.

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
Re: New 1/4" curd cutter for rectangular pans
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 10:26:45 PM »
Hi John.

I am using two of these pots for hard cheeses. They are 30cm deep and 30cm wide. Can you make one for me with 30cm deep and 28cm width? And can I connect this to a motorized handle?

John@PC

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 11:25:34 PM »
I am using two of these pots for hard cheeses. They are 30cm deep and 30cm wide. Can you make one for me with 30cm deep and 28cm width? And can I connect this to a motorized handle?
These are designed for rectangular pans only.  That said they may be able to be adapted to a round pot at least for the difficult horizontal cuts.  I can't comment on motorizing it.  Good price on the pots though!

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 06:14:04 AM »
Wow! That is a low price for a cutter - and it looks nice.

I wish that I could try one but with import taxes, shipping etc. to where I live the final price will be more that a 100 $. :-(

:-) Danbo