Author Topic: Question about cultures  (Read 1530 times)

felku

Question about cultures
« on: January 18, 2015, 02:46:45 AM »
I haven't made my first cheese yet, but I'm preparing to try Mozzarella. Something that is confusing me is the different variety of cultures I see on different Mozzarella recipes. I have read different books and in some of them  they used Thermophilic cultures and the book I'm currently reading(Mastering Cheese Making) that use Thermo B or TM 81. My question is many differences between those cultures? There any benefits on any of them?

Stinky

Re: Question about cultures
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 03:12:08 AM »
Mozzarella is not a very easy cheese. I've tried eight times, and haven't managed yet. There are some people who manage first try, so you might be one.  :)

There's not a huge difference between cultures, Thermo B is what I've used. It's not going to really make much of a difference at all.

felku

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 03:14:25 AM »
Thanks for reply, for what I have ready, you're right it seems difficult. But I really love mozzarella so I will try. Thanks for the advice on the culture. Can you recommend any online store for that one?

Stinky

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 03:44:56 AM »
A member of the forum here has a site that has loads of cheese stuff for quite good prices.

felku

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 04:18:27 AM »
Thanks for help, there is so much information in this forum that I could easily spent hours reading. I like the site, I think I will probably buy the 3 cultures and make different test. Liked the site also and the prices are good.