Author Topic: 1 year, 6 moth old Parmesan  (Read 3042 times)

GoudaGirl13

1 year, 6 moth old Parmesan
« on: January 30, 2015, 05:13:45 AM »
Here is a parmesan made with Gavin Webber's recipe.
It is now almost 1 year and 7 months old. (Made July 7th, 2013)
I have enjoyed it sparingly and haven't yet made a replacement!!

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
Re: 1 year, 6 moth old Parmesan
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 06:14:54 AM »
Looks great - one more cheese for you! You really do have patience... :-)

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 06:17:11 AM »
The forum system won't let me give you carma two times within an hour - I owe you a cheese...

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 03:11:50 PM »
Well I can give you one!  For your patience and an excellent cheese! ;D
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

GoudaGirl13

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2015, 06:59:54 PM »
Thank you all! You're all so inspiring! I'm glad I joined this forum!
SO nice to have somewhere to go where everyone appreciates the "cheese talk".
Where I am (physically located) people think it's "stupid" and a waste of time to make cheese when you can just go and buy it! *sigh*

(Yes.....a bit backwards and culturally devoid sometimes....trucks and booze are the "in" things here).

But I'm one of those people who wants to make everything I can and learn to do it well. I'm very happy to be able to make and do things that I could never afford to purchase! :)

Thank you all for being here!! :)

Stinky

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2015, 07:05:06 PM »
That looks very pretty! Do want. Have a cheese.

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 08:27:45 PM »
GoudaGirl13:

Here in Denmark it is typically cheaper to buy a cheese (even a decent one) than to buy the milk to make one. I have chozen to make cheese because it doesn't really make sense, it demands a lot of time and dedication, it's nerdy, you can't hurry, you have to wait forever to taste the result of your efforts, it's cosy (or "hyggeligt" as we say in Denmark). Love it! :-)

:-) Danbo

GoudaGirl13

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 09:34:35 PM »

Here in Denmark it is typically cheaper to buy a cheese (even a decent one) than to buy the milk to make one. I have chozen to make cheese because it doesn't really make sense, it demands a lot of time and dedication, it's nerdy, you can't hurry, you have to wait forever to taste the result of your efforts, it's cosy (or "hyggeligt" as we say in Denmark). Love it! :-)

:) Yes!!! Same here....in all respects! :) Nice to be here in this forum with all the appreciaters and understanding like-minded makers!! :)

I feel the very same way! Here in mid-winter in Canada, I spend alot of time making cheese, mostly because it just seems to be the "right time" in so many ways - no outdoor duties, nice and cosy with the woodfire crackling, very few visitors to "interfere" with the cheesemaking processes, etc. I know "winter milk" (especially the kind we get here!) is not premium, but I have had good results so far! And SO look forward to this special time of year when I can focus on making cheese.

I make alot of fermented foods as well and carry many of them into years of aging. Tomorrow, when alot of other people wll be having a Superbowl Party, we will be having a feast of aged cheeses (cheddar, gouda, parmesan), some fresh cheeses (Feta, chevre and kefir cheese) and a huge selection of ferments - everything from fermented daylily buds to purslane, dill pickles, jalapenos, salsa and more!! Looking forward to that!! :D

LoftyNotions

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2015, 10:00:42 PM »
Very nice, Gouda Girl. A cheese for your patience.

Larry

bill shaver

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 02:42:45 PM »
i've encountered similar things in life...same sad attitudes, no sense of adventrue but to go muddin  in the truck....no doubt you watch adult swim...SQUIDBILLIES sometime i watch other time have to turn it off its sad...sometimes funny...but overall a sad requiem for today in society. rather see people who have sense of curiosity to do sotning better with their lives.