Author Topic: Who makes this press?  (Read 1806 times)

kad

Who makes this press?
« on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:20 AM »
Does anyone know who manufactures the press in this picture? (Picture is off of www.perfect-cheese.com, but they don't list it for sale in their catalog and have not answered my request for info on it as yet.)

-K

Offline pastpawn

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • It aint easy being cheesy
Re: Who makes this press?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:31:37 AM »
Probably a prototype made by John at PC.  He's a member here and he mentioned he was working on cheese press designs. 

I noticed that the clear molds aren't on the PC site anymore.  Coincidentally, John Schmidling (who also makes cheese equipment) stopped selling his clear molds, too.  I like the idea of them, too bad. 
- Andrew

kad

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 11:16:08 PM »
John replied to me and it is indeed a prototype he made. 

The molds are still on the site though. http://www.perfect-cheese.com/clear-cylindrical-molds

-K

qdog1955

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 11:58:56 AM »
John should check his web site-----every time I click the clear molds, it says the page can't be found---tried for weeks----I thought he quit selling then also.
Qdog

Savu

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:54:24 PM »
The link on the site menu is wrong, it's sending you to "perfect-cheese.com/transparent-molds" which doesn't exist I looked for a contact to the webmaster but doesn't appear to have one! 

qdog1955

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 08:43:19 PM »
That's weird---if I go to his site and click on cylindrical molds, It says the page is no longer available----but if I click on the link you provided, it takes me right to the molds---I wonder how many of us just assumed he just stopped selling them?
  Thanks for that link.
Qdog

kad

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 03:09:12 AM »
Even weirder, I got that link by going to the site, hovering over the Pressing/Aging option on the main menu bar and clicking on Clear Cylindrical Molds. Seems to work for me. I'm using Firefox if it matters.

-K

That's weird---if I go to his site and click on cylindrical molds, It says the page is no longer available----but if I click on the link you provided, it takes me right to the molds---I wonder how many of us just assumed he just stopped selling them?
  Thanks for that link.
Qdog