Author Topic: My 1st Queso Blanco  (Read 3390 times)

felku

My 1st Queso Blanco
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »
Yesterday I made my first cheese ever. Is an easy cheese I'm very excited. I read this forum a lot and I hope to keep advancing in the cheese making.

I use 1 gallon of milk pasteurized and homogenized .(I can't find quality milk here and the low quality we have available cost $6 per gallon)
1/2 cup of cider vinegar

I did a little pressing with an idea from the Caldwell's book . Even with the expensive milk here I manage to reduce cost and the taste was far better than the stuff that is sold here. With this I convinced my wife that I need to keep learning about cheese making. Next I will try a mozzarella and next will buy a press(waiting for the new sturdypress to be released.

SOSEATTLE

Re: My 1st Queso Blanco
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 02:18:58 AM »
That's the one thing about making your own cheese-it tastes so much better than the commercial/industrial cheeses you buy in the store. Have a cheese for your success.  :D

Susan

felku

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 03:16:14 AM »
Thanks for the cheese. I was getting problems with my wife because she was thinking I was losing my time. She was impressed with the difference in flavor and she is looking forward now for my next cheese.

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 04:42:06 AM »
Great - your very first cheese! Look under your profile-name to the left: One more cheese for you! :-)

felku

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 05:50:17 PM »
Thanks for cheese Danbo, I always check your cheese making threads for motivation.

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 06:11:36 PM »
Thank you! :-) I'm not that experienced yet but I love challenges.

:-) Danbo

CheeseLouise

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 12:17:37 AM »
This is so cool! Can you pass the recipe along? Or at least send me a link to the recipe at least?  O0

felku

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 03:35:29 AM »
I use 1 gallon of milk
1/2 cup of cider vinegar
Salt

Heat the milk to 190F and then add the vinegar and stir gently until you start to see the curds. Then drain and add salt to your choice.