Author Topic: fig spread with blue cheese on crackers: the right combination is therapeutic  (Read 637 times)

Jamco spreads

Hi :)

Just like all of you here, I am a big fan of cheese. My favourite cheese is the stinky blue cheese that perfumes your whole house when you open the door of your fridge for just a few seconds. My 6yr old son hates the smell of stinky blue cheese (or any cheese with a smell) with a passion and always complains 'OMG who farted?' or 'how can you eat that, mummy' or 'ewwwwww disgusting' or 'i'm going to my room' ... ohh well.. he'll survive.
Anyway...
I am no cheesemaker but i know a few good tasty blue cheeses made here in the UK. I love going to food festivals to buy the best blue cheese as the ones in supermarkets are too mass-produced and we know what comes with mass produced stuff aren't that great as they lack the best quality ingredients, which affects the taste. This said, I am not saying I never buy blue cheese from supermarkets but honestly my favourite ones aren't those from supermarket aisles, though there are a couple of tasty ones on supermarkets

I became an even bigger fan of blue cheese when for the 1st time I tasted blue cheese on crackers with the fig spread me and my partner make.
I tried different blue cheeses on crackers with the fig spread  we make (very high in fresh fig content, not dried figs) and let me tell you that if you carefully choose your cracker, your stinky blue cheese and your fig spread, you'll get a therapeutic combination. Therapeutic is the right word here. That's how i like to call it because the right combination does something to my body and soul. The right combination makes me feel better when I am down, after a hectic day, when I feel moody or when I am having a bad day.

I don't know about you all, but some food, rightly combined do make me a lot better, then a smile shows on my face and life is beautiful once again.

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
Sounds good to me. I haven't tried blue cheese + fig spread, but I love spreading some home-made bread with jam and top with extra-sharp cheddar -- heaven! Of course, the rest of my family (including those who like sharp cheddar) thinks it is utterly disgusting ... :)
-- Andy

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
Me too.... ;-) But I know a lot if people who loves it...