Author Topic: Greek Turkey Sausage with Feta  (Read 4366 times)

qdog1955

Greek Turkey Sausage with Feta
« on: February 15, 2015, 11:24:23 AM »
 Made thirty pounds of Greek Turkey Sausage this weekend ( we actually use chicken breast and pork loin ) This is actually mine and all my friends and families favorite, of all the type sausage, I make and I didn't think it could be improved on----but guess what? It uses 5 pounds of Feta cheese and when you use your own homemade Feta, it gets improved on! WOW :)
  Just a couple pics to wet your appetite. I hope you can see all the Feta in there.
Qdog
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 11:55:55 AM by qdog1955 »

John@PC

Re: Greek Turkey Sausage with Feta
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »
Can you send us some links (to the recipe that is ::))

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 06:29:40 PM »
Great! :-)

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »
That sausage looks delicious! Never tried fowl in a sausage. Would love to see the recipe. A)
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

qdog1955

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »
Al and John----think I read on here one time that you can't post something from a published source----and this is one of the only sausage recipes I use with out any changes---it is from "Great Sausage Recipes"  by Rytek Kutas---probably the Bible of sausage makers----If that's not true, I will gladly post it or send it to you.
  By the way since the Canada geese population explosion---and the lifting of a lot of hunting restrictions----goose has become the prime ingredient in a lot of sausage and jerky in this region---in seasoned sausage you can't tell the difference.
Qdog

qdog1955

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 11:58:59 AM »
By the way ---he has some great recipes that use Italian cheeses, Romano being one ---plus some wine :) 

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 02:51:37 PM »
No problem, I have that book right here. ;D

John@PC

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 05:04:24 PM »
I don't think recipes per se can be copyrighted (and we reproduce them all the time here on the forum) but it would not be a good idea to make a duplicate copy of the page I agree.  My oldest son is getting into serious sausage making and I have customers who buy our LPTC controllers for meat and saugage curing so on your recommendation I'll just buy one from Amazon (unless Al wants to part with his, which I seriously doubt :().

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 06:00:41 PM »
Yeah, they're right proud of these.  Got mine on Amazon.  Right around $25.00 + shipping and tax.

Kern

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 11:17:32 PM »
  By the way since the Canada geese population explosion---and the lifting of a lot of hunting restrictions----goose has become the prime ingredient in a lot of sausage and jerky in this region---in seasoned sausage you can't tell the difference.

Down here we are overrun with Canadian Geese.  Go to any park, golf course or other site with grass and water and there they are!  What is it with these foul anyway?  Unfortunately, it is politically incorrect to take them out with a golf club, walking stick, bicycle, baby carriage, rolled up newspaper, etc.  Too bad!   :P

qdog1955

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 11:30:44 AM »
  Personally I'd rather not harm basically benign creatures----but you are right---they have gotten way out of hand----our drinking water reservoirs have become Goose cesspools.
Qdog