Author Topic: Intersting videos of Alpine style cheese making  (Read 3319 times)

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
Re: Intersting videos of Alpine style cheese making
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2015, 03:01:48 AM »
While review the other links I came across this one - It is both Disturbing and encouraging at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55WTvET5RAQ

Disturbing in that the traditional ways of making cheese are slowly fading into history and yet encouraging that in countries other than where the original cheeses were made are taking up the 'Banner'.  MAybe also encouraging that 'AOC' might change to remove boarders.  Cheese - Champagne - Beer. Interesting that the French commentator here is almost disgusted in the degradation of what he see's as tradition and encouraging that his appreciation that not all good cheese come from France.. World is now too small to stay isolated...

--Mal 
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

tnbquilt

Re: Intersting videos of Alpine style cheese making
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 01:09:33 AM »
I had a man come into our brew store the other day while I was teaching a cheese class. We were making raw milk Gouda. The man was from France and didn't speak real good English, but he was so excited to find someone making cheese from "real" milk. He said that he had worked in places making cheese in France and he missed them greatly since he had moved to America.