Author Topic: One more cave...  (Read 1478 times)

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
One more cave...
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:54 AM »
I have a very understanding wife. She let me buy yet another cave for the basement. I've run out of space in my excisting 13c cave.

I found a great used wine fridge. It's as large as my existing cave and has a lot of metal shelfs that still provide lots of air circulation.

No need for external temperature control as the compressor driven fridge was born for wone storage. The temperature range fits cheese (and maybe meat curing later) perfectly.

I got it for only DKK 600 - what a bargain!

:-) Danbo

shaneb

Re: One more cave...
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:22:38 AM »
Nice. Looks great. Not sure I'd like the power bill for all those caves.  ;) Have you worked out how much power all your caves use? I've been meaning to setup my power meter on mine.

Shane

qdog1955

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 10:29:28 AM »
OK, Danbo ----I'm convinced that you are secretly Bill Gates, hanging out in Denmark, and acting as an anonymous cheese maker  ;)----and making every one on the forum envious of all those caves. :)
Qdog

Offline Danbo

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 116
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 12:03:41 PM »

The only problem is that all my neighbours lights blink every time my machine park starts up... Just kidding... ;-)

Luckly the two larger main caves are very energy efficient. I don't have any data on the new one (I'll pick it up in a couple of hours (very excited).

I don't think that the use of power will be that big. The normal temperature in the basement where the caves are located is around 16-18C.

Bill Gates... LOL... If I was Bill, then I would have my own farm - and maybe move to Australia or something exotic... ;-) Just remember that I have to buy more and more equipment to just have a small chance to keep up with all the really great cheesemakers in here. ;-)

:-) Danbo

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
Looks great but you're never going to run out of cheese if you stop now! LOL  That's quite a cache you've got there! :o
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos