Author Topic: Howdy from the Heart Of America (US)  (Read 1778 times)

kerflop

Howdy from the Heart Of America (US)
« on: March 03, 2015, 11:08:19 PM »
Just joined so I wanted to say hi.  Name is Bob and I am from Kansas City, Missouri, USA.  Been looking at making cheese for awhile, lurking here and reading.  I love to cook and try new things with food, and recently started smoking cheese.  I purchased a kit from a local store and made a Farmhouse Cheddar and Monterry Jack this past weekend.  Not sure how they will turn out, because I know I did a few things wrong.  But I also learned a lot, so can't put a price ($9 bucks for the milk mostly :)) on that, now can you. 

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
Re: Howdy from the Heart Of America (US)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 12:27:17 AM »
Bob,  Welcome to the Forum... You probably already know that those within these hallowed pages are all to willing to help, so please don't languish in frustation- ask...

--Mal
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 01:00:09 AM »
Welcome Bob!!  Always glad to see new people!  Lots of good folks here so have fun perusing and if you have any questions just ask away!!
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Kern

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:59:09 AM »
Just joined so I wanted to say hi.  Name is Bob and I am from Kansas City, Missouri, USA.  Been looking at making cheese for awhile, lurking here and reading.  I love to cook and try new things with food, and recently started smoking cheese.  I purchased a kit from a local store and made a Farmhouse Cheddar and Monterry Jack this past weekend.  Not sure how they will turn out, because I know I did a few things wrong.  But I also learned a lot, so can't put a price ($9 bucks for the milk mostly :)) on that, now can you.

Welcome to the Forum.  It's great to have you with us.  We're just starting to legally smoke marijuana here in Washington State.  I don't know the legal status of smoking cheese.  Have you fellows in Missouri been smoking it a long time?   ::)

kerflop

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Well, I just started smoking cheese.  The hardest part is getting it into the paper. 

qdog1955

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:50:13 PM »
My problem, is trying to figure out if I should use water or whey in my bong ;)----welcome to the crazy man's forum.
Qdog

Offline OzzieCheese

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 171
  • Sun-Grass-Cow-Milk-Cheese-Happiness
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 02:20:32 AM »
Whey Man ! Whey !  Water is so pedestrian  8)
Usually if one person asks a question then 10 are waiting for the answer - Please ask !

Guiseppe

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2015, 10:45:20 AM »
Yes, I really think that we should try to keep these two issues separate.
When the recipe says place a gallon of milk in your pot..... well, you could end up ruining both.

John@PC

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 09:11:21 PM »
Hi Bob from KC.  There're a few "smokers" here so make yourself at home :).  Your post reminds me I better do my "spring smoke" before it gets too warm to cold smoke.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »
Yes, I really think that we should try to keep these two issues separate.
When the recipe says place a gallon of milk in your pot..... well, you could end up ruining both.
;D

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.