Author Topic: dont have access to cheese refrigerator any cheap , easy and working alternative  (Read 953 times)

ojusrane

hey guys!!
new here , i am from India and cheese refrigerators and not readily available here, and if available they are quite on the expensive side.
are there any other alternatives i can use and wine fridge is not one of ,em because even them i cant afford.
please help  8) 8)

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
Check with H-K-J.  He has a setup using a regular drinks cooler that he uses.  Very simple and inexpensive.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

Offline Andrew Marshallsay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 115
  • Default personal text
I use a small bar fridge with a cheap Chinese thermostat bought online for about $A20. The thermostats are sold mostly to reptile fanciers . They are of doubtful accuracy but how accurate do you need? They should work with any electric fridge.
- Andrew

Guiseppe

I use a standard fridge freezer with the following thermostat which I bought from e-bay for £8.96. 
That's 852 Rupee at today's exchange rate. 
I actually have 2 of them and they can maintain a specific temperature within 0.1 degree.
I have found them to be excellent.

90~250V 10A Digital Temperature Controller Thermocouple -50~110℃ with Sensor UK
E-Bay item number is 310910389174. Just put that in the search and it should bring it up. 
It comes from UK but it was post free to Greece, not sure about to India.

Stinky

I use a small bar fridge with a cheap Chinese thermostat bought online for about $A20. The thermostats are sold mostly to reptile fanciers . They are of doubtful accuracy but how accurate do you need? They should work with any electric fridge.

From what I've read, one degree in temperature can effect the texture quite a decent bit.