Author Topic: Larger molds  (Read 1557 times)

qdog1955

Larger molds
« on: March 15, 2015, 11:17:23 AM »
Has any one seen a source for larger molds----over 8 in. diameter-----not larger then 12 in.--- looking for a lower wider form for Alpine style cheese.
Qdog

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
Re: Larger molds
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
New England Cheesemaking sells the wooden forms in 3 sizes.
Susan

mjr522

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 12:32:01 AM »
I got a 10 inch mold on clearance fromagex.

http://www.fromagex.com/usa/english/moulds

I've been happy with it.

qdog1955

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 08:58:24 PM »
Thanks Susan-----I've seen those----kinda looking for molds with bottoms for now.

Mike--- I have no idea what's going on with Fromagex----can't see any prices without opening an account-----so I opened an account, and It won't let me in----changed password----still won't work---tried calling once---got no answer----guess I'll try again, but seems poor way to run a business.  It does look like they have some molds I'd be interested in ----so thanks for the tip.
Qdog

Offline Al Lewis

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 179
    • Lou's Food & Drink
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:01:31 PM »
Yeah, I tried to get into there for some mold prices, no luck.
Making the World a Safer Place, One Cheese at a Time! My Food Blog and Videos

mjr522

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:34:44 PM »
I'm not sure why it's giving you problems.  Looking at my past email traffic with them, it looks like I set up an account, and then they sent me a temporary password.  I logged in with that and then changed it and it has worked since then.  Purchasing was a little strange, though.  I placed an order, and then a few days later got an email asking for my tax id number or ssn for customs purposes.  When I've purchased things from overseas previously, I haven't had that experience.  Eventually I capitulated and it all seemed to work out fine--this was over 2 years ago and no one (that I know of) has stolen my identity yet.  Oh, and shipping was $20.  I wasn't happy about that, but they were the only place that had the mold I wanted...

qdog1955

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 10:13:04 AM »
That can be scary-----both Internet Explorer and Mozilla are telling me they don't have the proper security certificate.
Qdog